Friday, April 29, 2011

Why I'm Done with American Idol

Ryan Seacrest just called a contestant to the stage to tell them if they were safe and then told them to sit back down because he wasn't going to tell them yet. Really American Idol? If you have to resort to tactics such as that to fill your hour then maybe you should be a half hour show. Shit, I'd rather have another 30 second commercial to fast forward through than watch those types of antics. I watch this show because my better half is into music and I found it moderately entertaining. Years of this crap has sincerely become too much to handle. The list is large and just thinking of all the reasons I hate this show makes me angry to the point of screaming.

Taylor Hicks... do I really need to say more, just in case you forgot, Taylor Hicks won Season Five of American Idol. It also angers me more to find that when I googled what season this hack won I discovered that tickets to his show are $44. $44 DOLLARS - - For Taylor Hicks? Really America? Not only do you vote this guy to win American Idol but you're willing to spend $44 to see him destroy classics live and in person.

Sanjaya.... I can't even waste the time on this one, we'll leave it at that.... SANJAYA.

Jacob Lusk - for real? He's got great range yes, but American IDOL he is not. Did anyone see what he wore last night while he was sucking?

Ryan Seacrest for the love of all that is holy just stop.

I have to say, at the top of the list of reasons I wish American Idol crashes and burns in an embarrassing ratings decline that ends in Coke and Ford revoking their sponsorship before FOX pulls the plug quietly, is the exile of Casey Abrams. This man has more talent than 90% of the contestants ever on this show put together and I had to watch his goodbye video just minutes ago. I'm done. I'm done. I'm done. I can't wait until the tour is over and his contract expires so he can produce his first album. I will actually go to a store and purchase his CD, the first in over 10 years. Good Luck Casey - you're a brilliant musician and America doesn't deserve for you to be their "Idol."

No comments: